WICCS - International Clusters Summit on cosmetics
WICCS 2017 edition
The WORLD INNOVATION & COSMETICS CLUSTERS SUMMIT is a one-day event for discussions and B2B meetings between international clusters of the entire cosmetic value chain.
The WICCS is organized by Cosmetic Valley in partnership with France Clusters, and took place in Paris in the framework of Cosmetic 360 international fair, on 18th and 19th October.
- Gather the actors of the cosmetic value chain: from raw material to formulation, packaging, or biotechnologies, etc… participants can find new business opportunities among the value chain
- Promote participants innovation that can be implemented in the cosmetic industry (raw material, formulation, extraction, finished goods…
- A meeting place for the CCIN–Cosmetics Clusters International Network
WICCS - Le bilan en chiffres
- 66 inscrits
- 32 structures et 16 pays représentés
- 160 rendez-vous B2B programmés
- 100 % de satisfaction générale
Cosmetopea in the spotlight
“Census of traditional uses of plants for cosmetics” Cosmetopea was at the heart of the program.
Cosmetics assets with territorial specificities presented during the WICCS
- Arnica (Espagne)
- Black Rice (Thailand)
- Eucalyptus, Cystus, Pinhus (Portugal)
- Famonty and Borona (Madagascar)
- Bletilla formosana ; Citrus depressa Hayata (Taiwan)
- Aromatic, Medicinal and Cosmetopea Polynesian plants project (Tahiti)
- National program for promoting 18 selected local herbal species (Malaysia)
Launch of the CCIN® – Cosmetics Clusters International Network
Launched by Cosmetic Valley in the 2016 edition of the Cosmetic 360 fair in Paris, CCIN wish to share good practices in cosmetics, and work on common projects.
- Provide the CCIN members with animation, sharing and cooperation tools for fostering their development from both international (reach new markets) and national perspectives (strengthen cosmetics SMES network).
CCIN 2018 objectives
- Foster collaborative projects, either for business or for innovation
- Extend Cosmetopea concept internationally
- Keep reinforcing the network visibility and extend it
- Promote cosmetics ingredients and know-hows linked to CCIN members territories.
Introducing 3 new members
- Tahiti Fa’ahotu : the first Innovating cluster in French Polynesia dedicated to natural ressources valorisation
- CHESE Madagascar : essential oil cluster gathering actors coming from South-East of Madagascar
- CBB CAPIOTEK: french cluster working in the field of marine biotechnologies applied to cosmetics
18 Founding Members : COSMETIC VALLEY (France) / France Clusters (France) / AEBB – ASSOCIATION REGION BEIRA BAIXA (Portugal) / ADEBIOTECH (France) / BEAUTY CLUSTER BARCELONA (Spain) / CiiME (France) / Cluster 2TS (Tunisia) / CLUSTER MENARA (Morocco) / « EFFECT » JSC (Ukraine) / JAPAN COSMETIC CENTER (Japan) / POLE TRIMATEC (France) / TAIWAN BEAUTY VALLEY (Taiwan) / THAILAND CENTER OF EXCELLENCE FOR LIFE SCIENCES (Thailand) / THAI COSMETIC CLUSTER (Thailand) / TISSUE ENGINEERING FOR DRUG DEVELOPMENT AND SUBSTANCE TESTING (Switzerland) / TRANSILVANIA LIFE STYLE CLUSTER (Romania) / TUNISIA DATES & PALM CLUSTER (Tunisia) / UNIVERSITÉ EUROPÉENNE DES SENTEURS & DES SAVEURS (France)
“If we manage to share expertise, cooperate and do together what each one of us does separately, that would save time and energy for a much greater result”
Speech extract from Marc-Antoine JAMET
President of Cosmetic Valley, General Secretary of LVMH Group
“The strength we have is to work together towards recognition of cosmetics as a science that can federate everyone around research and development topics (such as Cosmetopea)”
Speech extract from Jean-Luc ANSEL
President of France Clusters, Director and founder of Cosmetic Valley